Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Internship.
Programming and Content Planning Intern, Summer/Fall 2024Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10077089 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Entertainment Television Date posted Feb. 07, 2024
About the Role & Program
The Disney Entertainment Programming team is responsible for the planning and scheduling of hundreds of hours of premiere content per year. From linear television to Disney+, to Hulu and beyond, our team crafts the release strategies that connect our content with the biggest possible audiences across all platforms. We are the ultimate curators, platform strategists, and slate planners for National Geographic, Disney Branded Television, FX, and Freeform. Come join the fun!
What You Will Do
For every piece of content, a lot of thought and effort is put behind how and when it is presented to an audience. Why is one show launching on one platform rather than another? Why was one specific release date chosen over another? Being a content strategist is a constant balancing act. A day in the life may include brainstorming new ideas for a “Collection” on our TV app, or cross-checking information that listings providers send out. You may also work on checking competitors’ release strategies and reporting back, or screening potential acquisitions and giving feedback, or you may be helping us refine how we organize our inventory.
- Will utilize data to help make strategic scheduling recommendations across all of our platforms
- Will have the opportunity to provide feedback on potential acquisitions and original series pitches
- Will be responsible for sharing and tracking daily ratings performance and competitive industry news
- Will be responsible for auditing our content across multiple platforms and helping to source metadata
- Will take on ad hoc projects to support the larger Program Strategy and Content Planning department
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who is truly passionate about content planning and strategy
- Someone who knows the competitive landscape and can tell you the hottest 5 new shows right now
- Someone who sees themselves in a content strategy role in the future and wants to learn the ropes
- A candidate with high attention to detail, a professional demeanor, a strong work ethic, and most of all a desire to learn
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have not completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through January 2025
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week during a Monday-Friday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor)
- Able to provide own housing for the duration internship program in the New York, New York area
- Able to provide reliable transportation to/from work in the New York area
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description, so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The pay rate for this internship in New York is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company’s streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television’s creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television’s programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children’s & family categories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.