Project Manager, Ad OpsApply NowApply Later Job ID 811673BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the Disney+ SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. This role sits within the Ad Operations group under Customer Acquisition. The ideal candidate is able to ensure the coordination and completion of projects on time and within scope. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to stay on top of multiple high priority projects and be an excellent communicator. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Director of Ad Operations as well as our various internal clients in understanding progress, status, and bandwidth among the Ad Operations group. The candidate will also be a key strategic lead in iterating on our JIRA implementation, with the goal of improving visibility, accountability, and distribution of work.
Responsibilities:The Project Manager, Ad Ops will own a number of key initiatives for the ad ops team:
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, meeting all requirements
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all internal stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with internal clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Find ways to improve work processes and internal communication around key projects.
- Oversee one project coordinator
- Report daily status of high priority projects and risks to Director
- Assist Director in developing dashboard views and reports of workflow and throughput, using JIRA/EazyBI
- Manage relationships across multiple teams and find innovative ways to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- 2-4 years proven working experience in project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Experience with Agile and other structured methodologies (i. e., Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, RUP, or PMI).
- Experience with Project Management tools such as MS Project, Crucible, Fish-eye, SharePoint, but especially JIRA.
- Familiarity with digital marketing and ad operations a plus
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.