Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Manager, Media Product TeamApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667294BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 15, 2019
- Coordinate with Product Managers to establish, document and maintain product roadmaps
- Contribute to defining, organizing and documenting projects created to realize the roadmap
- Take responsibility for ensuring that projects advance through approval, initiation and execution in a timely manner, clearing blockers as necessary
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders to identify and track project dependencies and milestones
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services Enterprise Program Management to effectively complement their efforts with a focus on managing and tracking projects from a Media Product perspective
- Fastidiously maintain project artifacts personally demonstrating, as well as facilitating for others, a firm understanding of status and risks at all times
- Adhere to (and where necessary define) processes, practices and reporting that ensures projects are delivered against expectations and on schedule
- Assign and track tasks for other Product team members and assist with internal schedulingChair Product Team meetings where appropriate
- Where necessary, assist in relationship management with external partners and vendors
- 5+ years of experience in software or technical project management
- History of managing projects from conception to delivery with a proven track record of delivering large, complex solutions
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate plans, concepts and activities to a broad/ diverse audience
- Ability to quickly understand and operate comfortably within complex ecosystems
- Comfortable dealing with high-level executives, technical staff and business leads
- Considerable hands-on experience with project management tools - ideally Jira
- Passion for developing new processes and assessing and improving existing processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a consistently positive attitude
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.