Project Manager, Paid MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744287BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the Disney+ SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. This role sits within the Paid Media team under Customer Acquisition. The ideal candidate will ensure the coordination and completion of projects on time and within scope. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to stay on top of multiple high priority projects and be an excellent communicator. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Director of Paid Media as well as our various internal clients in understanding progress, status, and bandwidth among the Paid Media team. The candidate will also be a key strategic lead in rolling out a project management platform, with the goal of improving visibility, accountability, and distribution of work.
- Strong project management & prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, & juggle multiple deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage various stakeholders
- Ability to launch and manage a project management system: Asana, Trello, Jira, etc.
- Responsible for planning, managing, monitoring, and controlling the execution of digital initiatives from beginning to end
- Ensure that all campaigns & projects are launched on-time, meeting all requirements
- Ensure resource availability and allocation across all paid media teams
- Manage campaigns & projects across our multiple streaming products and regions
- Familiar with digital ads and the trafficking process across: display, paid social, & search
- Coordination with the ad ops project manager
- Coordination with the paid media strategy & creative teams
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Find ways to improve work processes and internal communication around key projects
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Manage relationships across multiple teams and find innovative ways to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Proven working experience in project management
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Experience with Agile and other structured methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, RUP, or PMI).
- Experience with Project Management tools such as: Asana, Trello, Jira, etc.
- Familiarity with digital marketing and ad operations
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.