New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 810037BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is seeking a Project Manager to work closely with our lines of business. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and team player who loves breaking down problems, building solutions, and working in a changing environment. Importantly, s/he must have the proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. This includes engaging with senior management, operations & engineering teams to communicate timelines, prioritization, risk, and status.
This individual will be part of the enterprise application team working with business users on functional requirements, proposing solutions and coordinating with the development teams to deliver quality solutions. This position is highly visible within the organization and requires a person who can guide business teams on the effective utilization of all enterprise applications, including on-prem and Cloud Oracle applications. This position will act as an internal consultant within the technology and business groups by supporting current processes and recommending new solutions that reduce costs or extend current capabilities. This individual will support end-user relationships, day-to-day escalations, and issues resolution within the enterprise application footprint. The individual will be required to Manage/Lead projects with varied complexity.
- Provide day-to-day support of existing applications, including resolving issues and implementing user requested changes.
- Analyzing cost (and capital) savings along with revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Participate in all areas of a project, including but not limited to business requirements gathering, process flow definition, solution design, testing, documentation, and training.
- Work not only with the business stakeholders, but all areas of IT including Governance, Security, Architecture, Administrators and Development.
- Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Understanding and defining technology needs of the organization today and in the future, integrating requirements into long term strategic vision.
- Analyze and develop long term solutions for enterprise systems and make recommendations and proposals for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work on new projects/initiatives and be able to propose and configure solutions within our application footprint.
- Define and design solutions based on captured business requirements and use cases.
- Convert business solutions into technical designs.
- Use basic SQL skills that can extract data for analysis and issue resolution.
- Support and coordinate user acceptance testing, including the creation and updating of test scripts.
- Coordinate and/or deliver end-user training as appropriate.
- Create and manage documentation as appropriate.
- Possess strong change management skills.
- 5+ years of IT industry work experience as a Business Systems Analyst and/or Project Manager supporting enterprise business systems, including analysis, solution design, and deployment.
- Strong knowledge of external system integration with Oracle R12.
- 3 years of experience Supporting/Implementing/Configuring Oracle R12.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle e-Business architecture and administration and the ability to quickly diagnose and solve system problems.
- Highly detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Oracle or ERP Cloud and/or SaaS based experience is a plus.
- Skilled in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects) and O365.
- Understands business processes and can assist in the development and implementation of new/modified business process/technology solutions.
- Strong data analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization
- Experience in achievement of specified tasks and solving problems of moderate complexity with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think “out of the box” to identify innovative or creative ways to approach/resolve issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey relevant information across all levels of the organization.
- Confidently project a professional image that fosters relationships across the organization.
- Excellent time management skills to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision on assigned tasks and priorities.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methods
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to end users and senior management.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and collaboration skills.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- Undergraduate degree
- PPM Certification or equivalent experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.