Publicity Director, ABC NEWSApply NowApply Later Job ID 784245BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content, ABC News Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
- Develop and proactively pitch stories and secure placement in print, broadcast, audio and online media about the newscast, its anchors, correspondents, exclusive reports, investigations and interviews
- Write press releases and other promotional materials to publicize the broadcast’s weekly ratings, upcoming series, and newsmaker interviews
- Handle interview requests for anchors, correspondents and the program’s executive producer
- Maintain a strong working rapport with talent
- Liaise with other groups within the company to promote the broadcast, including Affiliate Relations, Ad Sales, NewsOne, ABC News Audio, ABC New Digital, ABC News Live and social media
- Serve as the primary point of contact on all cross-platform special events such as election coverage
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts
- Keep senior management informed of publicity activities and challenges
- Minimum 8 years experience in public relations, corporate communications or related field
- Demonstrated experience problem solving, managing high level critical situations, working under tight deadlines and juggling multiple assignments
- Strong team player with ability to thrive in highly collaborative environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of social media integrations
- Talent relations experience preferred
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Television and media industry experience
Required EducationBA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.