Publicity/Production Coordinator (Expression of Interest)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10071056 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Entertainment Date posted Nov. 17, 2023
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The publicity and production coordinator reports to the Executive Director of Publicity for a #1 syndicated daytime entertainment talk show.
Responsibilities include: assisting in publicity efforts for the show, compiling, editing and distributing daily press clips, weekly status report and weekly highlights documents; compiling media lists; assisting awards submissions; processing invoices and payments; as well as other administrative needs. Creative writing, thinking and brainstorming is a key component of the role. The role will also work VERY closely in critical way with the production team and talent each morning so an interest in a television production is key.
Candidates should possess very strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational and administrative skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure news environment. Candidate must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
This is a terrific opportunity for a candidate who has a passion for entertainment, television production and all aspects of PR.
· Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
· The ability to prioritize as well as multitask is extremely important.
· Professionalism and integrity a must.
· Must have excellent verbal communications skills. Must be comfortable and confident on the phone.
· Candidates should possess very strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational and administrative skills. A love for creative brainstorming is key!
· Candidate must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
· Willingness to work overtime with short notice. Please note the job would require early mornings, in studio.
· Superior attention to detail and the ability to think a few steps ahead.
· Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with proactive follow-up skills.
· Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Must be highly organized, detailed oriented, personable and a problem-solver.
· A deep knowledge of/love of pop culture is KEY!
· Existing knowledge of the television business and industry experience.
· Previous internships on a television show/entertainment or PR agency.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
The pay rate for this role in New York is $25.77 to $35.43 per hour. The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Entertainment:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.