Already applied?View Dashboard
Publishing Data AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 632399BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jan. 24, 2019
Job Summary:Marvel is looking for a dedicated and highly-motivated Publishing Data Analyst to create and maintain publishing projects using its various databases and online resources on a permanent, full-time basis. Primarily, the Publishing Data Analyst will assist the Sales Department with the creation and maintenance of essential sales metadata and images, navigating through workflows that can be very time-consuming with short deadlines.
The Publishing Data Analyst will establish and deliver metadata that will be used to connect the business relationships between Marvel and its numerous digital distribution partners (e.g., Comixology, iTunes, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble).
This position will drive sales and financial reporting, production schedule tracking, and deliver vital Marvel catalog information to its customers and digital partners.
The primary mission of the Publishing Data Analyst will be to create, modify and maintain print and digital comic sales information and images within our Marvel.com, Oracle and Agile PLM databases. The Analyst will assign all necessary cross reference data, and work with the Sales department to publish stories and images online to engage our readers. The Analyst will also perform data sweeps upon projects featured on the website to validate information is presented correctly online to the world.
The Publishing Data Analyst will provide assistance in analyzing catalog metadata for print titles, send weekly reports to multiple internal departments and vendors, and maintain data integrity
- Create and support ongoing maintenance for thousands of customized, front and back list digital projects (comics and collections) in-house and online.
- Collaborate with Sales Department to upload weekly stories and images on Comics rotator section of Marvel.com.
- Create and support vital cross reference information, such as vendor digital ID numbers, Amazon standard ID numbers and redeem codes, which affect sales and incentive processing.
- Gather and upload hundreds of cover images online for catalog, back list and weekly in-line books.
- Coordinate with Publishing Operations on metadata confirmation and data clean-up.
- Navigate through antiquated database rules in order to make data changes and work with IT to test permanent solutions to those old workflows.
- Coordinate with Comixology and other vendors to ensure data integrity between Marvel and its digital partners.
- Support various print publishing and Marvel.com workflows when needed.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Must have patience, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be computer savvy. Knowledge of how to use a PC and a Mac is required.
- Must be an Excel super-user. vLookups and pivot table knowledge is required.
- Must have a reverence for accuracy and a passion for lots of manual data entry.
- Any knowledge of Agile PLM, Oracle R12, and other MS Office products a plus.
- Knowledge of Marvel publishing history not required but definitely a plus.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.