Publishing Operations CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 865850BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
This position will help to drive sales and financial reporting, production schedule tracking, inventory receiving, and carry vital Marvel catalog information to its employees and partners.
The primary mission of the Publishing Operations Coordinator will be to create, modify and maintain projects within our Oracle and Agile PLM databases, as well as, assigning all of the classification and cross reference data, production statuses and due dates, solicitation text, ratings, and pricing that are associated with our projects. The Coordinator will deliver scheduled weekly reports or reports on demand and will answer inquiries to ensure all necessary items in the publishing systems are created correctly.
The Publishing Operations Coordinator will also provide assistance in analyzing Previews catalog metadata for print titles, approve daily cover release forms, and create new job orders within Agile/Oracle for books going back to press.
- Create and support ongoing metadata maintenance for thousands of customized, front and back list projects (such as comics, variants and collections) in-house and online.
- Create and support ongoing maintenance to exclusive data points per project, such as title names, cross references, vendor assignments, distribution categories, and dates.
- Review and approve cover release forms for all projects before they are sent to the printer to ensure accuracy of sales metadata.
- Create and distribute weekly reports detailing all data points and due dates to various in-house departments and distributors.
- Analyze discrepancies between Previews catalog metadata and Marvel systems and ensure correct data is sent to the distributor and to the retailers.
- Create and support ongoing metadata maintenance for licensed publishing projects within the Disney Publishing Worldwide global title database.
- Create and support ongoing metadata maintenance for all back list projects that are reprinted and sent back to press.
- Support various print publishing and Marvel.com workflows when needed.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task within a deadline setting.
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment with multiple teams.
- Must be computer savvy. Knowledge of how to use a PC and/or a Mac is required.
- Must have a reverence for accuracy and a passion for lots of manual data entry.
- Must be an Excel super-user. VLookups and pivot table knowledge is required.
- Any knowledge of Agile PLM, Oracle, and other MS Office products a plus.
- Knowledge of Marvel publishing history not required but a plus.
Required EducationBA / BS Degree or relevant work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.