Already applied?View Dashboard
Publishing Operations CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519579BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 01/17/2018
Job Summary:The role’s main responsibility is to support the Publishing Operations and Finance teams. This position will focus on reviewing Publishing costs, with an emphasis on managing and maintaining support documents. Some of the key aspects include; identifying trends and issues of COGS, ensuring accuracy of major cost drivers on a monthly basis, and preparing inventory documents. The ideal candidate will be able to work and communicate across multiple departments, including Publishing Operations, Finance, and Accounting.
- Work with Operations team to analyze and forecast major cost drivers
- Quantify impact from changes in material costs – Print, Paper, and Binding
- Run Profit & Loss statements for books going to press
- Review and reconcile all costs against Accounting’s recognition
- Perform Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) variance and trend analysis
- Analyze and prepare third party royalty statements
- Perform vendor pricing audits to ensure costs used in P&L calculations are updated and accurate
- Organize inventory review documents for Sales and Finance review
- Maintain monthly revenue rollups for Custom Publishing and Advertising Sales businesses
- Prepare biannual monthly circulation audit
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and analysis requested by Publishing Management, Operations, and Editorial
- Excellent Excel skills are required
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Knowledge of all other Microsoft Office suites is preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple tasks, as necessary.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree required
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.