QA Analyst II - creating automated solutions
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763368BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 29, 2020
Job Summary:The QA Analyst will be responsible for supporting testing solutions for analytics implementation across various desktop, mobile, and connected device clients while also exploring ways to execute automated test solutions. Should be familiar with data governance and best practices. The QA Analyst should have experience testing applications across various platforms and have an understanding of release cadences while being organized and able to track simultaneous releases and raising concerns when necessary. The QA Analyst will provide estimates to necessary teams and consistently track and communicate progress. Should be familiar with analyzing requirements and implementation documentation for completeness prior to testing. The QA Analyst will be responsible for the creation and execution of test plans, test cases, and test scripts to verify new and existing (regression) software functionality. The ideal candidate will contribute both to the definition and the enforcement of quality assurance processes and procedures based on best practice methodology and create and maintain the framework used for automation testing and perform all performance testing.
- Accountability for participating in test activities, creating detailed test plans and writing test cases.
- Provide status updates for all QA/TPM/Dev resources during the testing cycle.
- Proactively learn the backend infrastructure, new testing and technology trends, upcoming releases.
- Create and maintain the framework used for automation testing and perform all performance testing.
- Experience with mobile and connected device application testing.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining the frameworks used for automation testing and performing all performance testing.
- Experience with analyzing requirements and implementation documentation for completeness prior to testing.
- Competent with creation and execution of test plans, test cases, and test scripts to verify new and existing (regression) software functionality.
- The ideal candidate should be able contribute both to the definition and the enforcement of quality assurance processes and procedures based on best practice methodology.
- BS or BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.