Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Radio/ Audio Production Internship, ABC News- Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701940BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
The ABC News Radio intern will assist in supporting the operational and technical needs of ABC News Radio.
- Audio production, including editing podcasts, sports highlights and daily news programming
- Booking and scheduling guests for upcoming interviews/ podcasts
- Engineering sound boards for podcast and entertainment interviews
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Ability to prioritize and meet the needs of a busy network news operation by providing a high level of production and technical support
- Comprehensive understanding of digital audio systems, including recording and editing capabilities, database and workflow knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency (academic or previous internship) with multi-track audio production
- Demonstrated proficiency (academic or previous internship) with broadcast writing
•Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
•Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
•Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
•Previous experience (academic or previous internship) in radio and/or audio production
•Previous experience (academic or previous internship) with audio engineering
•Previous experience (academic or previous internship) with writing for broadcast
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from January to May
- All candidates must be willing to work at least 24 hours/week (3 days), full-times hour available
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.