Regional Language Manager
New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774973BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 25, 2021
Job Summary:The Localization team at Disney+ is looking for a seasoned language manager to help us implement our language quality strategy at Disney+. This regional language manager will work closely with Product, Design, Content, Marketing and regional teams to shape the language requirements and needs for all our international launches. The language manager will bring in-depth knowledge of the region’s tone, style, and linguistic requirements. This person will coordinate with other stakeholders to align on language content, terminology, and quality. This position is under the International Product team.
- Develop linguistic assets and standards, create glossaries, style guides, and define the tone of voice for Disney+ on their markets and regions working closely with local teams.
- Monitor the linguistic quality, set up improvements and feedback to vendors and freelancers for each type of content and for several languages in the region.
- Establish cultural guidelines, and monitor the linguistic expectations of the user experience for the different components: UI, Metadata, Legal, Marketing and Customer support.
- Communicate proactively with Globalization cross-functional teams to identify and fix linguistic and product issues related to their region.
- Coordinating a team of freelancers on assigned projects or accounts. Facilitating testing and qualifying new linguists and vendors as required.
- Define and manage the QA process for all localized content to ensure consistent messaging and functionality.
- Work with vendor resources to deliver localized content, handling high priority and high visibility content yourself.
- 7+ years of experience working on localizing products, preferable tech or media entertainment, managing language quality and localization programs for the MENA markets.
- Deep understanding of localization specificities, processes, and tolls.
- Experience creating, managing and maintaining language materials, including glossaries and style guides.
- Knowledge or prior experience in the film/entertainment industry is definitely a plus.
- Ability to write efficiently in English and in their language with attention to detail should be comfortable using a variety of publishing tools and is thoughtful in the delivery of information while working on diverse content.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.