Regional Publicity & Promotions CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 913897BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Jan. 05, 2022
The Regional Publicity & Promotions Coordinator will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of the Regional Publicity & Promotions Department in New York. The Coordinator will report to the Directors of Regional Publicity & Promotions and work closely with the team in helping to facilitate all publicity initiatives as well as handle day-to-day departmental support duties
- Organize logistics of press junkets: maintaining master press lists, coordinating travel for junket press, collecting materials, and creating junket binders and press packets, booking hotels and managing rooming lists for talent/press/staff, collecting and distributing press reactions.
- Serve as back-up contact for regional field agencies on a day-today basis.
- Work with outside specialty/targeted consultants, vendors, partners and others as needed.
- Organize department charts such as: publicity chart, booking report, screening report, press reactions, etc.
- Compile and distribute regional screening reports, press breaks and reviews, social media tracking, etc.
- Work closely with other departments including Photo/EPK, Digital, Events, National Promotions, Production, etc. as needed.
- Assist team with all aspects of a PA Tour including logistics, schedules, talent travel, etc.
- Attend and assist regional and special events as needed (screenings, premieres, junkets, festivals etc.).
- Approve regional promotional ads.
- Administrative duties include: setting up meetings with the publicity team and preparing necessary documents, maintaining budgets, processing and coding department invoices, ordering materials for events, etc.
- Help with the NYC office’s internship program
- Prior entertainment industry experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Must be able to keep up in a fast paced environment
- Candidate should have proficiency with MS Word & Excel, Outlook and the Internet (other programs such as Acenza are required to learn).
- Detail-oriented w/ excellent organizational skills
- Excel in initiating and executing projects with excellent follow through
- Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines under pressure
- Ability to think ahead and be proactive
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week, events, nights and weekends as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Searchlight Pictures.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.