Already applied?View Dashboard
Safety Testing Compliance Coordinator (TP)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 600926BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Nov. 29, 2018
Job Summary:This is a full-time temporary role with potential to become full-time regular.
- Review safety testing to ensure consumer products safety compliance
- Notify licensees of missing or incomplete safety testing
- Keep up to date on all US and Canada safety regulations
- Handle all safety test failures and factory recalls
- Assist with worldwide product review and process
- Communicate Safety regulations both internally and externally
- Liaise with parent company on related issues
- Maintain database for future reference
- Assist between the Brand Assurance, royalty reporting department, sales, accounting departments.
- On an ad-hoc basis complete weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to upper management.
- 2 – 5 years of safety experience with consumer products.
- Prior knowledge of US and Canada safety rules.
- The candidate should be hard working, strong communicator, conscientious, meticulous, and possesses a keen willingness to learn the details of the licensing business of Marvel Entertainment Inc.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.