Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales & Ticketing Coordinator (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 645338BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 04, 2019
Job Summary:DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking an analytical self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills to join our team as Coordinator, Sales & Ticketing. This position requires a candidate to possess an analytical mind, a deep Excel background and experience managing multiple priorities smoothly and effectively with a team-oriented philosophy. Preferred additional background includes experience in ticketing inventory and yield management, ticketing operations, and an understanding of the Broadway market.
This individual will report to the Senior Manager, Sales & Ticketing. As a member of the New York Sales & Ticketing team, this role will support the daily operational and analytical tasks associated with three Broadway shows. This individual must work daily with internal partners such as Guest Services, Company Management, Marketing and Finance and with external partners such as box offices, ticketing providers and various third party sales partners with a goal of the seamless execution of ticketing operations and superior guest experiences.
This Project Hire position is guaranteed only through December 2019; time and workplace location flexibility may be available through May 2019 for appropriately qualified candidates.
- Support the ticketing operations and yield management responsibilities of all DTG New York Broadway productions through the following:
- Help the Senior Manager (as well as other production-operating Managers) with the identification of analytical insights and provide operational follow-through
- Create occasional sales reporting documents and monitor inventory allocations as needed in coordination with Box Office Treasurers
- Check event and promotional offer builds for their proper implementation
- Develop and proof direct-to-consumer communications, including project briefs, code memos, offer details and site placement
- Oversee guest service for all New York City productions
- Work alongside the Sales & Ticketing Assistant as needed for the fulfillment of House Seat, complimentary and charity voucher ticket processing for all New York City productions
- Cross-train on all DTG productions to ensure team coverage
- Other projects as assigned
- This entry-level position requires demonstrated proficiency in data-driven decision making through internship opportunities or work experience
- Analytical mindset with the ability to tell a story from data and communicate those insights concisely to leaders
- Advanced aptitude with Excel and the ability to model and forecast future behavior
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster and/or other ticketing systems preferred
- A depth of Broadway knowledge is required
- A passion for the Disney brand is preferred
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.