Sales & Ticketing Coordinator (Sales Analytics)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 846891BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Aug. 26, 2021
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking Sales & Ticketing Coordinator for Domestic Touring. This position requires an analytical mindset and a proclivity for organization while working with a diverse group of internal and external partners to ensure the continued success of Disney’s North American touring productions.
As Sales & Ticketing Coordinator, you will report to the Senior Manager, Sales & Ticketing. Primary responsibilities include supporting the Senior Manager to maintain and update dynamic pricing models; ensure all sales reporting and touring documents are accurate, timely, and appropriately kept in records; monitor proper programming of pricing memos, event and offer builds, and dynamic price changes; and supporting the Sales & Ticketing and Domestic Touring teams’ relationships with sales partners across North America. In this role, you must work daily with internal partners such as Regional Engagement Directors, Marketing, and Finance and externally with touring presenters, venue box offices, and various third party sales partners, with the goal of the seamless execution of ticketing and touring operations.
- Contribute to the ticketing operations and yield management responsibilities of all touring productions, including:
- Partnering with the Senior Manager to maintain, expand and evolve our forecasting and pricing models through data retention, formatting, and modeling
- Creating all sales reporting documents and monitoring their receipt and fidelity
- Checking event builds, offer builds, VIP ticket types, and price changes for their proper implementation
- Developing and proofing direct-to-consumer communications, including offer details and site placement
- Working directly with box offices across the country and partnering with them for our shared success
- Assisting in initial pricing decisions and preparation of ticket pricing memos
- Ensuring proper archiving of final seat maps, settlements, box office reports and other relevant engagement details
- Communicating ticketing operation details, including house seat allocations, ASL interpreter locations, and ticket proofs to touring company members
- Managing ticket requests on behalf of the touring team and internal and external partners
- Maintaining a customer-centric view of the purchase experience to help support touring markets’ consumer flow on behalf of our shows and managing all touring-related guest service outreach
- Coordinating ticketing needs for occasional opening nights and other special events
- Cross-train on other DTG productions to ensure team coverage
- Light travel is required throughout the year
- Other projects as assigned
- At least one year of experience or educational equivalent with strong demonstrated Excel skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage projects independently
- The ideal candidate is a quick study with a positive attitude, analytical mind, the ability to work well within multiple teams, and a dedicated guest service mindset
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Demonstrate inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment that fulfills Disney Theatrical Group’s diversity and inclusion efforts (e.g., participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required etc.).
- Preferred experience includes sales & ticketing experience and familiarity with the theatre/entertainment industry, especially with touring markets and presenters
- A passion for live events, theater and/or the Disney brand is preferred
Additional Information:DISNEY THEATRICAL GROUP (DTG) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre producers, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTG has collaborated with the nation’s preeminent theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Freaky Friday and Hercules. As a part of the recent acquisition of 21st Century Fox, DTP also heads the Buena Vista Theatrical banner which licenses Fox titles for stage adaptations including Anastasia; Moulin Rouge! The Musical; Mrs. Doubtfire and The Devil Wears Prada.
Disney Theatrical Group also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTG licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.