Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 575232BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jul. 10, 2018
Job Summary:This position will support all activities involved in selling and servicing both linear and digital for Disney Kids networks, Freeform and ABC.
- Pull and send weekly flowcharts to clients
- Search for new sales leads
- Track and manage client delivery
- Assist clients with move requests
- Maintain contracts and account activity for advertisers
- Prepare research and other sales related reports as needed
- Communicate with client and traffic to ensure the proper airing of the schedule
- Resolve scheduling and billing discrepancies
- Participate in local client meetings, in order to develop a rapport with client and agency contacts, and develop an understanding of the talking points of the network and the needs of the advertiser/agencies
- Process travel & entertainment reports on behalf of the sales team
- Provide outstanding internal and external client service
- Be knowledgeable of all appropriate software related to our operation; Microsoft Office etc.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal business hours in the event of deadlines or projects
- Ability to form and continue key internal and external client relationships
- Attend team meetings, digital pacing calls and daypart meetings
- Assist in entering sales proposals into our systems
- Monitor and report on competitive digital sites
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with numbers
- Other admin and facilities support duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in client services and sales or relevant internship experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in broadcast or digital at an advertiser, agency, or media sales organization.
- Proficient in Outlook (create/edit emails and appointments), Word (create/edit documents), Excel (create/edit documents) and Power Point and Keynote (create/edit presentations).
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.