Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Sales Communication Intern - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 531778BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 03/07/2018
ResponsibilitiesCOPYWRITING: Prepare solicit information for a variety of outlets, including the Marvel App for iOS devices. Assist on the copy for postcards, ads, and a variety of other sales/promo items.
EXCEL TRACKING: Assist in management of several marketing and production schedule Excel tracking sheets for Publishing Sales Dept.
FEDEX SHIPPING: Learn to prepare and ship FedEx packages to clients. Ship weekly review copies to major media and book buyers.
ASSIST WITH RETAILER INITIATIVES AND PROGRAMS: Learn how retailer interaction works; coordinate with Marvel employees and retailers to ensure correct information is distributed. Maintain the Marvel Retailer Resource Center. Create items for MRRC including Flyers, Postcards, Mini-Posters and more.
CONVENTION: Assist with various aspects of convention planning including panel presentations, talent appearances, giveaway item inventory, etc.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May/June through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Knowledge of copywriting, creating and maintaining Excel documents, and data management/entry required. Candidate must also have a working knowledge of the Marvel Universe, its characters, and the comics/creators they are featured in. Intern must have strong writing skills.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Enrolled in College / University in a Marketing, Sales, Communication majors are preferred but not required.
- Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program or Graduate Program (Masters Program) student status by arrival date
Company OverviewMarvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.