Sales CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 775644BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
The Platform Distribution group works with cable operators and digital partners to bring programming to TV, OTT and mobile devices. The role provides for a unique opportunity to contribute at the ground-level, to learn about the media/entertainment industry and discover a myriad of career paths available at The Walt Disney Company.
The Sales Coordinator thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is a strong contributor to the achievement of departmental sales goals. The Sales Coordinator role will support the team to help define, execute and post merchandise strategic partnerships to advance our distribution priorities.
- Supports the Platform Distribution Sales team and assigned partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Assists with the implementation of new and ongoing sales efforts for assigned partners.
- Supports the team (Account Managers, Directors, Vice President, and Senior Vice President) in the development of sales presentations, account updates to the executive team, merchandise, monthly usage reporting, client event tickets, and other related materials to drive increased viewership and subscribers.
- Manages the team’s discretionary budget, including timely process of invoices and monthly updates of funds remaining.
- Collaborates with internal partners including legal, business strategy, finance and marketing to achieve consensus and advance distribution priorities.
- Aggregates and synthesizes research for affiliates to provide value stories for the sales team.
- Manages small-sized accounts by building key relationship with key partners and selling new products and services.
- Builds internal network of Walt Disney Company colleagues to aid in self-learning and support job function.
- Related administrative or sales support experience
- Strong written, verbal, organization and computer skills including excel, power point, and word
- Project management and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and meet deadlines
- Some travel required (post-COVID)
- Minimum of 1year of relevant support experience in a sales or account management environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.