Sec V – Global SecurityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737488BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings, and publishing activities.
The Walt Disney Company's Global Security Operations has an immediate opening for an experienced Secretary to support East Coast Security Operations. This position provides administrative support to the Director as well as the security team.
Job Summary and Purpose:
The purpose of this job is to support administrative functions for Global Security, East Coast Security Operations and directly support the Director.
A strong proactive approach is required and effectiveness is maximized through relationship building, both internal and external, to accomplish department objectives.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Director, East Coast Security Operations and the East Coast Security team.
- Working accurately within the SAP environment as a Casual Buyer and rate carding
- Maintaining and coordinating Outlook calendars for the Director while being proactive at mitigating scheduling conflicts.
- Provide support for the Director with regards to filing, screening phone calls, processing invoices and expenses as well as ordering office and miscellaneous supplies
- Coordination of guest office usage as Disney leadership conducts business locally at NYC Campus
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, and remote support of the Director
- Interface with various Disney departments and external organizations
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and materials needed in support of the security mission
- Assist with East Coast Security sponsored awareness briefs, Community Watch campus activities and other events that the Director schedules.
- Two to five years’ experience preferred
- Ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion
- Ability to effectively and professionally interface with high level executives, clients, business associates, and employees
- Must have strong technology and internet research skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Must be detailed-oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality due to sensitive nature of the Security Operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- SAP experience a plus/SAP Casual Buyer and T&E Proxy experience
- General knowledge and/or experience in the entertainment industry
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- BS/BA or equivalent preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.