Secretary IV, Publicity (New York)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 716359BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. These include titles from Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Films. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Secretary IV, Publicity based in New York, NY. This position provides vital support for the VP, Publicity of the NY National Publicity office as well as support to the NY national publicity team. The position provides but not limited to, maintaining busy calendar, scheduling meetings, answering and screening incoming calls, assisting in the preparation of meetings, opening and distributing mail, maintaining files, preparing expense reports, budgeting, photocopying, ordering supplies and supporting departmental projects as needed.
- Books and coordinates all NY screenings.
- Provides administrative support for Vice President and NY National Publicity team, not limited to answering phones, maintaining busy calendars, making travel arrangements.
- Manages Travel and Expense (including understanding of company expense policies).
- Creates expense reports and reconciles credit card account.
- Manages travel schedules for talent.
- Handle booking of hotels and transportation for executives, filmmakers and talent in NY.
- Collects and distributes global press breaks.
- Organizes and updates key materials for the PR team.
- Assists with press days/junkets/events.
- Supports press appearances and needs to be able to communicate effectively with external press contacts.
- Cover screenings both during the work day and after hours and weekends.
- Maintains reports, schedules and charts.
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally, works exceptionally well with executives, staff, and external associates and visitors at all levels.
- Ability to tactfully manage the teams time, multi-task and communicates with authority.
- Other miscellaneous duties and department projects as assigned.
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly. Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule.
- Overtime required.
- Be able to communicate from external office locations.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Minimum two years administrative experience at senior management level within entertainment industry with an emphasis on Publicity.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.