Security AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10017507 Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This position in the IT security team will work to secure one of the leading entertainment brands in the world. The individual we are seeking has previous experience in the triage and in-depth analysis of security events as well as knowledge around developing new detections that keeps us at pace with the latest threats and attacker techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to apply cyber security best practices, understand common issues and remediation techniques leveraging systematic approach (MITRE ATT@CK, OWASP top 10, NIST CsF, etc.)
- Knowledge of the best available tools, software, threat hunting techniques, pen testing, applications and systems for maintaining best-in-class security environment status
- Demonstrate expertise with security and information system life cycle methodologies, including remediation of cyber security issues, as well as audit risk mitigation activities
- Communicate clearly, diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization and to audiences with varying degrees of process and technical knowledge
- Assist with security testing and vulnerability management across various technical mediums
- Experience working in a team-oriented, matrixed, collaborative environment while using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide monitoring, triage and analysis of security events.
- Act as incident responder for potential incidents identified.
- Develop detection strategies and deploy alerting to identify malicious activity.
- Define and mature Security Team playbooks of operational response to cyber threats.
- Be involved in the evaluation and design of new Security tools.
- Review security log data and tune the SIEM platform and deploy alerting to identify malicious activity.
- Extend functionality of tools by deploying API integrations and automation tasks.
- Assist with the team's main responsibilities by contributing during triage and incident response.
- Participate in and lead training activities, working groups and knowledge sharing with other members in the team.
- 3-5 years active cyber security domain experience
- Hands on experience and proficiency in various cybersecurity tools that are common across the information security industry.
Strong background in security disciplines such as, Detection Engineering, Incident Response, Threat hunting, Vulnerability management or Digital forensics.
- Experience with monitoring and managing threat detection systems, threat intelligence platforms, SIEM and security devices.
- In-depth understanding of the cyber threat landscape and advanced adversary tactics.
- Understanding of modern infrastructure concepts such as, cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, CI/CD and API integrations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of NIST framework and security best practices
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Project Management experience
- Cybersecurity certifications (preferred)
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.