Segment Producer, ABC News LiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 788509BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News, General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 28, 2021
Responsibilities:The job entails booking guests for daily news segments and during breaking news coverage, as well as prepping guests for the show, live producing segments in the control room, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for writing suggested introductions and questions for segments, as well as gathering elements for the rundown.
Candidate will be required to work a weekday schedule that may include weekends and late nights, as well as holidays. In addition to long hours, there may be some travel involved as needed.
ABCNL Segment producers will work to ensure guests reflect the demographics of our target audience and present a wide variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News.
- The ideal candidate will have TV production experience including control room experience, booking, field producing, writing and editing.
- iNews and Avid experience a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
- Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively
- Candidate must be flexible enough to work in a start-up environment, but also understand and work with existing systems in the broadcast side of ABC.
- Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.