Segment Producer – ABC News LiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 10029907 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Nov. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Be a part of the talented team at ABC News Live the #1 streaming news channel. ABC News Live has an opening for a Segment producer
The Segment Producer job entails booking guests for daily news/futures segments and during breaking news coverage, as well prepping guests for the show, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly.
In addition, the candidate will be responsible for writing suggested introductions and questions for segments, as well as gathering elements for the rundown.
Candidate may need to work a staggered schedule that will include weekends and late nights, as well as holidays. In addition to long hours, travel may be expected as needed.
ABCNL Segment Producers will work to ensure guests reflect the demographics of our target audience and present a wide variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News.
- The ideal candidate will have TV production experience in booking, field producing, writing and editing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Booking experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
- Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively.
- Candidate must be flexible enough to work in a start-up environment, but also understand and work with existing systems in the broadcast side of ABC
- iNews and Avid experience
- Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $82,400 - $103,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.