Segment Producer, Nightline - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 782731BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Apr. 08, 2021
Responsibilities:The Segment Producer is primarily responsible for shooting, writing and editing pieces on your own. Responsibilities include:
- Research and development of story assignments
- Pitching and generating new ideas for future original content across broadcast and web
- Booking and interviewing segment experts and guests
- Running field shoots and overseeing the editing process
- Organizing digital media, talent and crew travel, and various production workflow tasks including Rights
- Must have at least 3 years network news and/or long form production experience
- Must have digital shooting experience
- Must have the ability to manage the production of breaking news stories in a fast paced news environment
- Must be able to write and Avid edit under tight deadline
- Must have experience managing and directing talent
- Must have strong research skills, excellent written and verbal skills and display sound editorial judgment
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.