Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Account Executive, ESPN Local NY RadioApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679303BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Job Summary:Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN Radio New York is looking for an Account Executive to join our team. If you enjoy the thrill of sales, meeting and closing new customers, finding solutions for client's marketing objectives, this could be the job for you. Your local ESPN NY media assets include, 98.7fm ESPN radio programming with the Golic and Wingo show, the Michael Kay show, Stephen A. Smith show, plus the largest sports website in ESPN.com localized to the NY market. ESPN NY host several sports marketing events each year. You will have the chance to sell ESPN Radio, ESPN Events, and ESPN.com in the NY market and across multiple markets. This is a sports fans dream job.
- Responsible for increasing the company’s gross revenue by developing new business and growing existing business accounts with local and regional clientele by selling advertising and promotional opportunities through spot-radio campaigns, on-site promotions, and new media.
- Must meet Individual Sales Goals and Objectives
- Represent ESPN New York in the Local and Regional buying community and to conduct good business practices that benefit the client while adhering to the company’s needs and standards.
- Must have the ability to present marketing concepts and ideas to prospective customers on a regular basis; daily and weekly
- Ability to identify qualified customers for ESPN New York
- A minimum of 5 years Radio Sales experience in a major market with Direct and Agency experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Track record of being a self-starter and ability to exceed goals and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of the New York Radio and Digital community
- Proficient working in: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with New York AM Radio, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
New York AM Radio, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.