Senior Account Manager, Platform DistributionApply NowApply Later Job ID 859908BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
The right person for this role has proven negotiation, communication and analytical skills and is an individual that can manage various responsibilities of content licensing and audience growth partnerships – business development, executing partnership strategies, managing processes, understanding contractual compliance – as well as successfully managing accounts with internal constituents, including Content, Marketing, Technology, Finance and Legal departments to successfully drive TWDC’s content distribution priorities. Finally, they/she/he thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with enthusiasm.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding solution oriented, problem-solving skills to create mutually beneficial outcomes for TWDC and will possess strong acumen in the media landscape. The focus for this position will be Digital Audio (podcasts) distribution (including voice platforms) with accounts that include podcast platform companies and service providers as well as advertising platform partners.
- Drive deal negotiations with distribution partners; working closely with Marketing, Legal, Product and other relevant business units
- Collaborates with business units across TWDC on account strategy and coordinate communication among the respective constituencies, including: advertising sales, legal, strategy, technology, finance and marketing
- Collaborate closely with distribution partner to support all stages of the distribution lifecycle (e.g. subscriber acquisition, engagement/retention, technical cooperation, joint marketing initiatives, roadmap planning, etc.)
- Develops strategies and framing for Disney Media Distribution partnerships
- Grows new business opportunities across assigned accounts
- Real passion for entertainment, podcasting and technology with a deep knowledge of the evolution of the digital/media industries
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant stakeholders and ultimately bring about timely resolution
- Self-starter who can set personal objectives
- Manage a deal through all phases (e.g., term sheet creation, negotiation, and execution)
- Excellent communication skills with a crafted ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering and building prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to identify key facts, risks and opportunities and make strong recommendations to senior executive audiences
- Ability to breakdown complex information and data
- Minimum of 6 years of partnership, business development, business affairs, or sales experience
- Podcast industry experience
- Management consulting and / or Business Affairs experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree (M.B.A or J.D.)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.