Senior Analyst – Disney+ Product, Customer Growth
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 724130BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Job Summary:Data analysts on the Disney+ Analytics team are analytics partner for the Disney+ product and engineering teams. They focus on driving customer growth and engagement on Disney+ through measurement, analysis, and insight generation. These analysts focus on improving business results through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, and fast paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content.
- Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- 4+ years of analytical experience.
- 2+ years’ work experience using SQL
- Experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language a plus
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Degree in an analytical field.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.