Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Analyst - StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543596BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 04/03/2018
Job Summary:We seek to recruit a highly qualified Senior Analyst to support the formulation and execution of Disney Media Networks’ growth and profitability strategy. The role requires superior quantitative and qualitative research, financial analysis, project management and business development skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also critical, as the individual must possess the ability to support and work with senior executives throughout the company as well as with potential external partner companies.
Responsibilities:The Senior Analyst will be a highly valued member of the Strategy team, working closely with the entire Strategy team and other division executives on various strategic and operational initiatives that promote long-term vision and maximize value across the organization. The Senior Analyst will play a key role in strategic analyses and planning, the identification and assessment of new growth initiatives, as well as the evaluation of M&A opportunities for the media division of The Walt Disney Company. This individual will be expected to:
- Provide key analytic and research support in the company’s continuing reassessment of its growth, investment, product offering, advertising sales and distribution strategies.
- Work effectively with executives and team members throughout Disney Media Networks as well as in other areas of The Walt Disney Company.
- Minimum of two years of prior experience in a related field (management consulting firm, investment bank or strategic planning department)
- Superior analytic abilities, including advanced modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Developed range of consulting skills from research, marketplace assessments to the development of strategic recommendations
- Self-starter with the curiosity, creativity and resourcefulness to search out and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strength in creating visually compelling presentations, including communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a variety of business partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in the entertainment and media industry, including eagerness to dissect and analyze key consumer / competitive trends in the business
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel (required)
- Willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- BA/BS from a leading university; an MBA is a plus but not required
- Proven strong academic track record
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.