Senior Application Security EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 963726BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 22, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Growth Fraud Prevention and Security team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Growth Fraud and Security team is responsible for protecting our customers and our services from bad actors. Our team is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to help validate that our services are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of our services, test, identify and addressing security issues.
Responsibilities:Application security reviews for our services and applications
Penetration testing for critical services and applications
Security code reviews for critical changes during the development phase
Security training and outreach to internal development teams
Security best practices documentation
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with any of the following:
- threat modeling
- secure coding
- identity management and authentication
- penetration testing
- network security
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools - e.g., Maven, Jenkins 2, Ansible, GITHUB, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker
- Experience with AWS Architecture (Lambda, SNS/SQS Messaging, API gateway, S3, ECS)
- Salaried Range: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $138,000 to $170,000 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
- Experience implementing security solutions at organization level.
- Understanding of web services.
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Python, etc.)
- Strong technical, problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to function in a virtual team setting and effectively collaborate globally
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:The pay range for this position is $138,640 to $190,630 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.