Senior Back End Engineer
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 746672BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is hiring an experienced Sr. Back End Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. In this role, you’ll report to the Senior Manager of Engineering and will work across a variety of security functions supporting the internet-facing aspects of Marvel’s successful online businesses.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced software engineer who thinks logically, acts rationally, and understands the challenges of supporting current and emerging technology stacks that enable Marvel to continue to grow our universe of characters and the multi-media, multi-lingual, multi-platform infrastructure on which they reside.
This is an on-site position in Marvel’s NYC office. Candidates must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Write clean, fast PHP, Golang, and/or Python conforming to high standards and best practices, in a timely and scalable way
- Architect and build mission-critical distributed software systems
- Develop means for deploying, scaling, and monitoring software systems
- Track progress of development solutions and ensure deliverables meet required specifications and product requirements
- Work alongside a talented team of colleagues and creative individuals who are building next-generation mobile, web, and back-end applications and API services
- Development and implementation of APIs and middle-ware applications using, but not limited to, PHP, Golang, and Python in Linux and AWS-based environments
- Work with traditional software development lifecycle methodologies as well as agile-based approaches to design, code, and peer review
- Work in an eCommerce environment, integrating with third parties and payment processors in a high transaction environment
- Ensure code quality and participate in knowledge-sharing via documentation and code review
- Building software in a secure manner, managing encryption techniques, and implementing software security best practices
- Participating in the troubleshooting and resolving of critical Production issues
- Monitor and provide technical support to code releases and project launches
- 5+ years hands-on experience with server-side REST and distributed web services development
- Experience in supporting database deployments (for example: MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Cassandra)
- Great written and verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, and execution-oriented
- Security-focused and test-driven software development experience
- Proven experience profiling and optimizing code for production environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering or equivalent in experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.