Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 679245BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted 18/06/2019
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work closely with our lines of business. The ideal candidate will participate in key system evaluation, design, implementation and testing. They will also oversee priority needs to drive efficiency and process improvements across the business.
The BA will provide daily support to the end user community, identify improvement opportunities and participate in solutions.
- Stay current on business issues, industry trends and technology advances
- Connect process priorities to align with organizational goals
- Extract and monitor metrics to identify trends and patterns that may lead to process/system opportunities for improvement
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and system process analysis and design at a moderately complex level
- Lead small projects or portions of larger projects
- Work not only with the business stakes holders, but all areas of IT, including Governance, Security, Architecture, Administrators and Development.
- Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Work closely with external vendors when needed
- Participate in all areas of a project, including but not limited to business requirements gathering, process flow definition, solution design, testing, documentation and training.
- Provide day-to-day support of existing applications
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated expertise and proficiency in applications and business processes
- Understands business processes and is able to assist in the development and implementation of new/modified business process/technology solutions
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization
- Experience in achievement of specified tasks and solving problems of moderate complexity with minimal guidance
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly
- Ability to think “out of the box” to identify innovative or creative ways to approach/resolve issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills , including the ability to convey relevant information across all levels of the organization
- Confidently project a professional image that fosters relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision on assigned tasks and priorities
- Drive improvements in overall user experience in working with Marvel systems and the IT team
- Experience working with a major ERP system
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications(e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects)
- Experience implementing business processes and systems
- Analytic dashboard design a plus
- Six Sigma a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.