Senior Business Intelligence EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID PTG-Senior BI Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
The Data Team for Disney Streaming Services (DSS), a segment under the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will build the semantic layer for Looker, MicroStrategy, Tableau, and In-House Tools on top of our big data warehouse, making sure the data is represented to analysts in an accurate, consistent and performant way. You will be a subject matter expert in business intelligence tools, consulting with teams on best practices and own administration tasks such as setting user provisioning, handling security models, and performing upgrades. The ideal candidate understands complex data models, has strong communication skills and has deep experience in business intelligence tools. If you are someone who can find beauty in organized datasets, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for design, initial installation, configuration, daily operations, and user support of business intelligence environments for Looker and other BI tools including DEV, QA Production, high availability and disaster recovery instances.
- Manages system security, user provisioning and license compliance within Looker, Thoughtspot, and MicroStrategy environments.
- Provides support to end-users for application connectivity and product usage.
- Works with data engineering to create LookML models to support reporting
- Support upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting for business intelligence tools
- Monitor system and server health
- Troubleshoot connection and performance issues (including troubleshooting some SQL queries)
- Tune business intelligence tools to optimize performance and ensure high availability
- Work with IT to create and monitor backup and logging strategy
- Monitors and tunes BI tools to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Collects and analyzes system operational information for capacity and planning purposes.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that the system is supportable by other team members.
- Provides updates to our customers, business and staff on a timely basis for projects and tasks.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience with business intelligence tools, with at least 3 of those years working with Looker (Tableau, Thoughtspot, MicroStrategy experience also helpful).
- Minimum of 3 years focused on tasks like maintaining security, setting up users, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience writing and troubleshooting complex SQL queries
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Basic Windows and Linux server administration skills
- Experience working with big data and pulling data from sources such as Hive, Presto, Snowflake, Redshift
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks for projects as well as daily support requests/issues.
- Must be able to effectively interact with both business and technical resources to understand and resolve issues as well as deliver projects.
- Must have problem solving skills in relation to system operations as well as product usage.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with a programming language such as Python
- ETL/ELT experience
- Experience working with data APIs
- Familiarity with setting up SAML/SSO in Business Intelligence tools
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.