Senior Copywriter, Digital Marketing – Disney+
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 736532BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 14/01/2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re looking for a copywriter to lead our creative marketing efforts on the new Disney+ streaming service.
This position will be tasked with bringing Disney+ to life across digital and social platforms, including all marketing touchpoints. Their responsibilities will include maintaining and evolving brand voice, shaping digital advertising campaigns, and maintaining brand consistency. This position will also call for an understanding of how a brand’s marketing voice lives in concert with the brand’s in-app UX voice.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, a knack for writing razor-sharp copy, a proven track record of bringing digital marketing campaigns to life, UX sensibilities, tech savvy, and experience within an advertising agency or marketing team.
Please provide a portfolio showing the range of content you’ve created.
- Concept and write original copy for digital ads, social platforms, and landing pages
- Work closely with brand, UX, and product team to ensure consistency
- Maintain brand voice across partner and affiliate creative
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
- Contribute to internal creative projects
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues and partners
- Use SEO practices to optimize campaign copy and increase visibility
- Liaise with Designers to enrich text with visual aids, like images and charts
- Shape language and tone used in sales emails, banners, videos and landing sites
- Leverage consumer data to identify strategic messaging
- Proven work experience as a copywriter, with a keen understanding of writing in digital spaces
- Quick-thinking, strategic, scrappy and collaborative
- Care deeply about building a brand and product experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- An ability to write creative, concise copy both for both large and smaller projects
- Solid time-management skills, as work flows in timing and intensity
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.