Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Copywriter – Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 690903BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 13, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re looking for a copywriter to lead our creative marketing efforts on the new Disney+ streaming service.
This position will be tasked with bringing Disney+ to life across digital and social platforms, including all marketing touchpoints. Their responsibilities will include establishing brand voice, writing advertising campaigns, and maintaining brand consistency. This position will also call for an understanding of how a brand’s marketing voice lives in concert with the brand’s in-app UX voice.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, a proven track record of bringing digital marketing campaigns to life, UX sensibilities, tech savvy, and experience within an advertising agency or marketing team.
- Concept and write original copy for digital ads, social platforms, and landing pages
- Work closely with UX and product team to ensure consistency
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
- Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues
- Use SEO practices to optimize campaign copy and increase visibility
- Liaise with Designers to enrich text with visual aids, like images and charts
- Shape language and tone used in sales emails, banners, videos and landing sites
- Leverage consumer data to identify strategic messaging
- 5 years of proven work experience as a copywriter
- Quick-thinking, strategic, scrappy and collaborative
- Care deeply about building a brand and product experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- An ability to write creative copy both for both large and smaller projects
- Solid time-management skills, as work flows in timing and intensity
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.