Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Data Analyst, AudiencesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687244BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 03, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to help deliver critical analytic insights and visualizations around our audiences. This individual will analyze ESPN+ and Disney+ audiences across the company to help guide marketing strategy, operations and data product development. He/she will be instrumental in the management and analysis of our audience development and use practices. The ideal candidate will be someone with deep knowledge in audience building, segmentation, activation and experienced in digital media channels.
- Collaborate closely with the engagement team to manage and coordinate audience tactics within marketing plans
- Writing audience rules, queries, and merge rules
- Perform deep-dives of audience campaigns to inform best practices for different products and strategies
- Assist in providing ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business and marketing decisions
- Understand key drivers and audiences for each business unit and their specific marketing potential
- Create documentation around new processes derived from audience testing results
- Collaborate with teams to develop comprehensive onsite and paid media campaigns to drive acquisition and retention
- 4+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging audience analytics to drive significant business impact
- Demonstrated experience in audience development
- Relational, no-SQL and/or columnar data experience
- Proficient with SQL and Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Experience with Data Management Platforms (BlueKai preferred) and Data Onboarding Providers (Liveramp preferred)
- Familiarity with dashboard creation and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Strong understanding of 1st and 3rd party targeting capabilities
- The ability to turn raw data into visual insights to help support decisions
- Ability to tell a story with data – What does the analysis tell you? What do you think the business should do next? Why do you think what is happening, is happening? Ability to influence others with the story of what you’re seeing in the data to make business recommendations
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Ability and desire to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
- Working within the Marketing/Advertising vertical
- Machine learning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant focus (i.e., Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or Machine Learning)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.