Senior Data Analyst – Disney Streaming
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784837BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May. 12, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join our Data Governance team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and experience with large datasets. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy by working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations, standardized reporting and regulatory frameworks, regulatory compliance audit, and the holistic usage and monitoring data across our organization.
At Disney Streaming Services(DSS), data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operation and growth. Data Analysts work closely with the data engineering, back-end services and front-end technology teams. The Senior Data Analyst will work to define key data definitions, data lineage, document data flows and be the subject matter expert of the data flowing into our environment that require stewardship
- Create and/or support scalable frameworks, standards and data best practices while upholding integrity and privacy across our data ecosystem and lifecycle
- Document and implement data policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments
- Design and curate data dictionaries based on stakeholder requirements for multiple platforms, including websites, mobile apps, and connected devices
- Work with engineering teams to ensure complete data lineage is captured and managed for our data of record
- Work closely with product owners to understand the metrics that drive the growth of business, and partner with them to fill any gaps.
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes
- Support thought leaders in terms of what needs to be managed and improved to better serve our customers
- Translate business and product analytics requirements into technical specifications and create precise and accurate stories and acceptance criteria to be used by analysts, engineers and report authors
- Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments
- Provide clear and concise data workflow documents specifying new and existing data flows
- Look for data anomalies and recommend data validation requirements to increase data quality
- 3+ years of SQL and familiarity with such data platforms and applications as Databricks, Snowflake and AWS
- 4+ years of analytical experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in defining and implementing data governance best practices, documenting data flow & process mapping, or a data steward responsible for the metadata management, data quality, KPIs, etc.
- Experience performing compliance and data quality audits
- Experience working with regulatory compliance frameworks such as GDPR and CCPA
- Bachelor's degree required in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.