Senior Data Analyst, Marketing Analytics
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770798BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 16, 2021
Job Summary:Marketing Data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to our operations and growth. The Sr Data Analyst role will play a critical role in supporting our core marketing measurement, automation and reporting needs globally. He/she will work closely with Marketing, Data Engineering, Data Architecture, Subscriber and Content Analytics to drive tools and optimizations across the business. The ideal candidate has a passion for digital and linear media landscapes and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of each step in the marketing funnel.
- Support marketing teams, including Social, Display, Paid Search, Audio, Video, CTV, affiliate channels, marketing landing pages, and owned properties to optimize channel performance, understand their analytics needs and set the roadmap for analytics work
- Create, deliver and continuously improve our business measurement solutions
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities
- Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data
- Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
- Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
- Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
- Analyze subscriber and behavior data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Build and automate reports and dashboards that provide insights into business measurement and effectiveness
- Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to tell stories with data
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
- 5+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or Python
- Proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated experience in the digital media, web analytics, and in-app ecosystem including ad serving, tracking, and reporting tools including, DoubleClick, DART, Adobe Analytics, Kochava, Flashtalking, media platforms (DBM, Google Search, Adwords, Facebook, etc.) and DMP solutions (BlueKai, Salesforce, etc.)
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker. It’s a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant focus (i.e., Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or Machine Learning)
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.