Senior Data Product Manager - Data Solutions & Instrumentation
New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 928254BR Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Disney Streaming D.A.T.A. Product team is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to help lead the instrumentation of world class data products across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ & ESPN+. Qualified candidates will have experience solutioning, implementing, and supporting instrumentation of digital analytics tools in complex web and mobile/OTT application environments. The Data Solutions & Instrumentation team plays a key role in defining the Disney Streaming data strategy, developing instrumentation requirements, KPIs, and acceptance criteria for evolving data products. The team also develops tools and processes for validating instrumentation accuracy and monitoring ongoing data quality and schema adherence. Candidates must be comfortable working across functional teams in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. This role will need to collaborate closely with leaders across engineering, product, program management, data technology, analytics, and marketing functions throughout The Walt Disney Company. Must be comfortable learning the ins and outs of in-house built technology and navigating complex enterprise organizations. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Data Solutions & Instrumentation.
- You will support efforts to implement and maintain consistent instrumentation across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ & ESPN+
- You will help maintain world-class documentation for our continually evolving data product
- You will collaborate cross functionally with Analytics, Product, Engineering, and Program Management teams to support new product and feature launches with reliable instrumentation solutions
- You will identify and build relationships with key partners & stakeholders across functional groups
- You will need to creatively resolve blockers and integrate into multiple processes and workstreams to accomplish goals
- You will support & help develop team members across the team and ensure the team is benefitting from your expertise
- You will develop data quality validation checks in Python/PySpark and SQL
- 3+ years of technical experience with instrumentation, data product management, and/or digital analytics tools – must have been deeply engrained in the implementation & requirement writing process
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape and how to capture and structure user engagement, product performance, and quality of service data for use in downstream analytics or marketing use cases
- Experience using cloud-based solutions for transforming and exploring large quantities of data (Databricks, Snowflake, etc.)
- Proficient with data, analytics, and BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Experience working within the Agile development practices (Jira, etc.)
- Proficient with data manipulation and scripting languages such as SQL and Python
- Familiarity with serialization languages, PySpark, and git
- Proven track record of writing data product requirements and presenting them to seasoned Engineering leads for implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.