Senior Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764829BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 27, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is seeking a Data Scientist to oversee the design, build and testing of formulas for complex metrics/KPIs such as lifetime value, retention and subscriber forecasting. The role will research, design, implement and validate algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. You will provide expertise on mathematical concepts and machine learning for the broader analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science.
- Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning models and robust analytics to support insights and visualization of complex data sets
- Contribute to product features like offers, personalization and recommendation by analyzing complex data sets and developing algorithms to produce results that increase customer engagement
- Provide optimization recommendations that drive KPIs established by product, marketing, operations, business teams and others
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our decision-making processes
- Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the necessary analytical rigor to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability and accuracy of insights
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or a related field
- 4+ years of professional data science/analytical experience
- 4+ years of professional experience using data-building and statistical programming languages: SAS, Python, R, SQL
- Practical experience and expertise in applied statistics and data science methodologies (general advanced data modeling and predictive analytics e.g., multivariate regression analysis, machine learning, forecasting, Bayesian estimation)
- Experience with data exploration utilizing data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Pandas, ggplot2, Plotly)
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Spark and Scala
- Relational, no-SQL and/or columnar data experience
- Ability to think strategically, including interpreting market and consumer information
- Ability to simplify highly complex analyses into terms that are easily accessible and impactful for both written and verbal formats
- Demonstrated ability to present data science results and actionable recommendations to business and technical clients
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
- PhD or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or related field
- Experience in ecommerce, consumer products, retail, publishing, or digital products strongly preferred
- Experience in customer analytics, including lifetime value analysis, customer propensity, acquisition & retention, forecasting, and customer segmentation strongly preferred
- Knowledge and professional application of machine learning algorithms (SVM, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, KNN, etc.) and modern deep learning techniques (PyTorch, Keras/Tensorflow) is a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.