Senior Data Software Developer in Test - SDET
Seattle, Washington, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775545BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 16, 2021
Job Summary:Primary Location: Santa Monica
Alternate Locations: Seattle and NYC
Disney Data team is seeking a hands-on Senior Data Software Developer (quality engineering) who will be an exceptional addition to our technology team. In this role, you will lead the team responsible for measuring the quality of insights delivered to our partners. You will provide leadership and technical skills to champion and implement data quality engineering strategy, processes and standard methodologies that contribute to improving the quality data at Disney. To be this dynamic leader, you should be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs. If you are a hands-on leader who is passionate about data quality and interested in making an outsized impact in an organization that values data as its top priority, this is the role for you.
- Guide and mentor a data QE team distributed across multiple development teams.
- Work with your team to define and align standard methodologies, tools, and processes across multiple teams.
- Work with partners to define and articulate the impact of quality testing and evangelize a testing-first culture across the data organization.
- Work with partners to define a roadmap for quality testing, with a goal of incremental automation over time.
- Document, automate and enforce data quality, data integrity, and QA standard methodologies
- Manage prioritization and allocation of resources to optimize delivery
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements
- Hire and develop best-in-class data quality engineers
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance Management for high-performant, scalable and distributed data systems with a focus on verification and automation
- Deep understanding of testing fundamentals like Test Driven Development, Risk Based Testing, Test Reporting, Test Planning, Test Automation, Test Metrics and Defect Trends Analysis.
- Hands on experience of data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing, and big-data platform
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, lead change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Strong understanding of CI/CD principles.
- Strong project management skills and experience with agile/scrum
- Highly motivated self-starter with bias to action and passion for delivering high-quality data solutions
- Attention to detail and quality with excellent problem solving and communication skills
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.