Senior Designer - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 865429BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
- Manages and designs Adult original hardcover titles per year
- Design layouts and typography to create provocative jackets and interiors, and art direct Illustrators, Photographers, Retouchers, and Hand-letterers.
- Excellent communicator, collaborating with Editors on titles from manuscript to finished book through meetings, emails and phone calls.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Publicity staff to solicit feedback through meetings and emails and revise their work accordingly while maintaining a high aesthetic standard.
- Negotiate contracts with Illustrators, Photographers, Retouchers, and Hand-letterers.
- Create complex mechanicals for in-house review and for printers to reproduce. The Designer must be able to review proofs with our production department managers, approving lead title jackets on press and create digital images for Sales, Marketing and Publicity.
- Organize and prioritize their work regularly with the Art Director and Managing Editors because they will be working on 3 or 4 seasons simultaneously.
- Create special design projects such as “instant” logos needed for presentations/decks or key acquisition/offer letters.
- 3-5 years Adult book design experience
- Proven design talent in creating innovative book design, application of typography, layout, color.
- Solid computer design skills: proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Very organized, ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate, present ideas and collaborate with Editors
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or comparable experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.