Senior Digital Lifestyle Reporter, GMAApply NowApply Later Job ID 822959BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 06, 2021
This person must have impeccable editorial judgment and storytelling skills to create unique content that engages the GMA Digital mobile audience in new and creative ways. The reporter must be comfortable meeting daily story deadlines and juggling multiple daily and feature assignments in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate would feel comfortable writing a trending story one day and diving into an original feature piece or explainer the next. The reporter should be extremely familiar using social media to source characters and to stay on top of the latest trends.
Responsibilities:The Senior Digital Lifestyle Reporter is responsible for pitching, sourcing, reporting and writing stories across all lifestyle categories for GMA Digital with a strong focus on family and human-interest stories.
The Senior Digital Lifestyle Reporter is also responsible for pitching and developing franchise projects and spotlight series for the brand with the goal of growing our total audience.
This role works with the GMA Digital social and video teams to collaborate on multimedia pieces that live across our platforms. They are also responsible for working on special events and special projects that may appear across broadcast and digital.
- Minimum 5 years of experience reporting for a digital lifestyle media brand in a fast-paced news environment meeting daily deadlines and writing feature pieces.
- Adherence to the highest standards of journalism.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with members of the GMA team and take direction on all editorial decisions.
- Ability to work closely with producers across the network to collaborate on multimedia packages for content
- A developed network of sources.
- Strong familiarity of SEO practices preferred and a deep knowledge of what content performs well for a lifestyle brand.
- Strong familiarity with social media to source characters and stay on top of trends.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.