Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Director, Data GovernanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687240BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 05, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+ services. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you would be responsible for maintaining and improving the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
The Director will support all data governance related aspects of our global business systems as we grow and scale our data infrastructure. They will have direct responsibility for developing and executing a plan for establishing data stewardship, data quality and data governance, while providing stakeholder teams across Disney with defined protocols for access to governed data. They will foster collaboration through the establishment of a data governance council with cross-functional partners to evaluate, plan, execute and own a diverse set of workflows focused on improving the levels of fidelity and trust in our data. They will lead a global team that combines a diverse set of data governance skills - instrumentation, analytics, program management and data quality - to drive various initiatives to make our data solutions scalable and easy to adopt.
The Director, Data Governance will also serve as part of the Data Science and Analytics thought leadership for the successful scale and adoption of central data workflows, infrastructure and tools.
- Responsible for establishing operational data governance across all business systems
- Work to improve processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues, and an on-going process for maintaining quality data, and defining data quality audit procedures
- Act as the lead on a number of Data Governance programs to capture business requirements and validate those requirements are met by the completion of each project.
- Develop a strong understanding of business processes and objectives to help formulate data governance strategy while building consensus with all stakeholders.
- Participate in strategic projects to ensure data governance and instrumentation standards are integrated into new initiatives and applications including development of data dictionaries
- Work closely with Data, Engineering, and Product leads to ensure consistency across the product portfolio and various business functions.
- Manage and mentor team in the data governance to help them grow and become more knowledgeable to execute independently in the domain
- Develop and manage new data workflows to support data governance initiatives to achieve KPIs (i.e. error rates, turnaround time, efficiency)
- Allocating and tracking data governance work across team members.
- Travel domestically and internationally (20%)
- 7+ years information systems experience
- 5+ years of data quality governance, management experience
- 5+ years of people management
- Experience developing Data Governance principles, standards and procedures
- Experience with industry leading MDM tools
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, strategic, and operational initiatives.
- Expert level mastery of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience working with virtual and global cross-functional teams is a plus
- Data related certifications e.g. CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional) are a plus
- Master’s degree in a quantitative, computational or engineering field (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.