Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Director, Digital Paid Media Acquisition & OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692904BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 06, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. This position will play a critical role in managing our in-house media trading desk and ad ops teams to deliver best in class performance marketing. Role is global and spans both Disney+ and ESPN+ products. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to build out a world-class performance marketing team and be at the forefront of digital innovation and growth.
- Responsible for driving subscriber growth globally across both ESPN+ and Disney+ products
- Lead team of 30+ responsible for end-to-end acquisition campaign strategy & execution including Paid Search, Social, Display, Video & Audio channels and paid media ad operations
- Take a data driven approach to optimizing resources and budgets across products, channels and regions to deliver positive return on marketing spend
- Help develop and deliver on multi-year team vision through automation, process improvement and marketing capability enhancements
- Partner extensively with both internal and external partners to drive the business forward – including data & analytics, content & marketing teams, design, tech/product management teams, finance and regional/global teams
- Educate broader org on performance marketing and digital best practices
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- 10-12+ years digital acquisition and ad ops experience required; preferably in a subscription-based business
- Results driver with prior experience managing large-scale paid media campaigns on a global scale and with large budgets ($100M+)
- Direct response campaign experience required; awareness campaign experience a plus
- Must have experience leading large teams (30+) and directly managing an in-house trading desk and ad operations teams (either agency side or client side)
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and motivate, inspire and challenge a high-performing team to achieve that vision
- Ability to strategically assess opportunities and make data driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
- Experience coaching and leading others, and implementing procedures to streamline internal processes
- Deep knowledge of digital ecosystem and experience managing key digital platforms – Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Apple Search Ads, DMPs, DSPs and other 3rd party vendors including ad servers, brand safety vendors, mobile app trackers, etc.
- Strategic self-starter who is comfortable navigating white space.
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.