Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Director, Global Customer ServiceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660108BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 09, 2019
Job Summary:In 2019, the Walt Disney Company will launch Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases. In 2018, the Walt Disney Company also launched ESPN+, ESPN’s rapidly expanding over-the-top sports streaming service. Disney Streaming Services is now looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking a seasoned, globally experienced senior director for the position of Senior Director, Global Customer Service. Working within the Disney Streaming Services team in New York and reporting to the VP of Operations, this individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the entire Disney DTC and ESPN DTC service team, the broader Disney Streaming Services team, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company. The Senior Director, Global Customer Service will oversee the execution of the Global Customer Support Model across geographies through the global rollout of the of the Disney+ service. The role also includes the ongoing direction of Customer Service for the rapidly expanding ESPN+ service. The candidate will have over 10 years experience in global customer service on digital products across multiple regions and in multiple languages, working with local and global vendors, knowledge of modern CRM tools, telephony, a strong background in continuous improvement, understanding of product from a human-centric perspective, and with a focus on quality of customer experience and operational effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have over 10 years of experience in comparable positions leading Customer Service for similar organizations in consumer digital tech and/or streaming media, as well as an educational and/or professional training background that demonstrates commitment to excellence.
- Lead the Global Customer Service team for Disney Streaming Services, working across the organization to help ensure the successful launch of our global customer service organization, including the following tasks:
- Execute the Disney+ Global Customer Support model in all regions, ensuring consistency of support, quality, reliability, and high customer satisfaction
- Help establish regional hubs for each of our call centers, including oversight of tools, training, knowledge management, CRM, and reporting
- Establish and operationalize continuous improvement process within Disney Streaming Services, working with Data, Product, and Marketing teams to relentlessly streamline our Product and reduce customer friction
- Align and drive the Customer Service rollout schedule for Disney+ to meet timelines
- Lead the NY Customer Service team for ESPN+, working across the organization to help ensure high level of customer service across our many live events, including Pay Per View.
- Staff, optimize, and manage regional teams to help oversee the effective regional deployment and ongoing oversight of Customer Service in each region
- Build effective working relationships with the Disney DTC Marketing and ESPN Marketing, Product and Platform teams to create high levels of visibility into Customer Issues and opportunities for improvement
- Partner with the various TWDC business units in order to effectively track projects across those organizations that impact Disney Streaming Customer Service
- Create tools, reports, and processes to effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders and relentlessly improve our product, communication, and ways of working
- Execute and deliver in a highly matrixed and distributed environment.
- Track record that shows you’re ready to excel in meeting the extraordinary challenges of this role (10+ years in roles leading Customer Service in technical, consumer facing environments with a digital marketing focus)
- Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Leadership that builds teams, relationships, and credibility as a trusted partner and doer
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to senior executives on strategies, goals, and status across all regions
- Strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem.
- Expert knowledge of Customer Service in a high-tech environment to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitate development of complex solutions
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences across regions, cultures, and business verticals
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Understanding of the media or entertainment space and technologies, and common issues or challenges facing customers
- MA in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.