Senior Director, Media Systems Operations
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774967BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 01, 2021
Job Summary:Disney is looking for a world-class operations executive with a proven background in live broadcast/digital media integration and digital media distribution. You will partner directly with product, engineering, and infrastructure teams across The Walt Disney Company in planning, building and managing both our media distribution and our live media environments for our global streaming brands (Disney+, ESPN+, Star+, and Hulu).
- Management of operations support for global media distribution infrastructure as we expand in complexity and scale of our direct-to-consumer brands
- Program oversight over planning for new and widening media design and architecture for live linear and non-linear environments
- Subject matter expertise and input into product and implementation requirements with executive and senior stakeholders
- Customer focused administration of live media and digital media distribution environment
- 10+ years’ managerial experience within the media operations
- Experience building and mentoring operational support teams, with a focus on intelligent observability and effective processes
- Knowledge of traditional and new standards (e.g., Open Cache, etc.) for edge distribution
- Deep understanding of media and network systems and products in live and digital media distribution
- Experience delivering to a wide variety of platforms including web, mobile, and connected devices
- Mastery of collaboration, consensus building , prioritization, and continual delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and can fluidly move between both highly technical and non-technical conversations, from C-level to all levels below
- Experience coordinating enterprise-level programs and multiple projects at a time
- Experience with large-scale migrations and integrations
- Experience managing across globally distributed teams
- Earns trust of peers, reports, and executives
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Develops critical thinking
- Maintains high standards
- Oriented strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- College degree in relevant major preferred or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.