Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Director Operations, ESPN+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 665947BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 10, 2019
Job Summary:The ESPN+ Sr. Director, Operations will be responsible for critical areas of business operations which include program management of major business and marketing initiatives, effective communication across the organization, implementing procedures and processes to assist ESPN+ run efficiently and at scale in addition to certain day-to-day operational tasks. This will require managing cross-divisional resources, team members and collaborating with executives and teams across the Company and broader Disney organization. Influence is key to the role as this person will be required to manage resources in a highly matrixed environment.
- Day to Day Operations
- Institute procedures and processes for efficient day-to-day operations of ESPN+ as the team scales
- Inception and delivery of key marketing and business projects
- Communication of business project status across organization
- Cost planning around tools, services, vendors
- Partner reporting on-boarding, validation and on-going delivery
- Stream capacity forecasting and analysis, in partnership with finance and technology
- Improvement of asset clearance process and creative approvals
- Web and advertising production coordination
- Partnership with Customer support organization for long term strategic planning as well as day-to-day escalations
- Representing the ESPN+ business team for developing and delivering incident management processes and compliance requirements.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Ensuring timely and accurate access to marketing/business analytics from finance, technology and data groups, for ESPN+, and translating those into actionable business, process and product improvement projects. Includes requirement gathering from the business, marketing and editorial teams, and working with Program Management, ESPN, Data and finance to deliver reports at a regular and predictable cadence. This also includes ensuring high-level of communication with executives around status, ensuring project deliverables and timing is well articulated and final deliverables are vetted, approved and deployed.
- In collaboration with the business and finance team, prepare reports, briefings and communciations for external consumption and within the greater Disney Streaming Services and Disney organizations.
- Major Projects
- The operations executive will manage the implementation and execution of major business projects across the ESPN+ organization. This may include marketing technology implementations, editorial/content projects, third-party services, or vendor transitions.
- Day-to-day business liaison to ensure smooth and successful on-boarding or off-boarding major partners for ESPN+
- Cross-functional co-ordination as required in support of special programming events
- 15+ years’ experience in consumer digital Operations or Program Management
- Ability to manage and influence large scale teams and collaborate with senior executives
- Expertise managing complex technical projects from inception to delivery
- Deep experience in the digital sports, media and entertainment verticals
- Exposure and understanding of sports and media rights
- Experience implementing privacy and other compliance rules, guidelines and programs
- Understanding of CRM, business intelligence and marketing automation platforms
- Vendor selection and management experience
- Technical skills around agile development methodology, sprint planning and resource management
- Position is required to be in New York City (remote is not an option)
- Master degree required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.