Senior Director, Product Management – LocalizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 842871BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
Responsibilities:You will lead your team and partner with teams to create an exceptional language experience across Disney’s global streaming products. The successful candidate will be a tenacious, strategic self-starter with a passion for building new programs from scratch. You will view localization as a key component of a global product experience that continually evolves. You will have proven analytical capabilities, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You enjoy variety in your day and love working with different types of people and functions. As a natural organizer, you pay attention to the details that others often miss.
- You have 15+ years of experience in localization, project management, operations, and/or product management.
- You have extensive experience providing and leading a team on innovative thinking around scalable localization workflows, tooling, and architecture.
- You have experience launching digital products in APAC, EMEA, and LatAm.
- You create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in your team and others to move forward.
- You avoid knowledge silos and instead strive to have knowledge spread as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
- You can speak crisply to the current and planned functionality at the regional and country levels.
- You can balance multiple projects and maintain communication across a variety of functions.
- You establish QA and research testing schedules and manage deliveries to ensure successful launches.
- You effectively communicate strategy and updates.
- You make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate issues.
- Prior experience leading a team on logistics, including localization, globalization, and product tech operations.
- You are able to ensure vendors provide high quality outputs on their projects.
- You are highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem.
- You are adaptable and resilient to quick changes in workflow, tools, and priorities.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.